I split the batch into two 5 gallon fermenters and they went for 7 days and then I dry hopped each one with 2oz of Galaxy Pellet for the last 4 days. Tonight I have moved the fermenters into the kegerator and they will cold crash for the next 3-4 days prior to kegging. Aroma is amazing and they are both looking very nice, I am very excited to try this!
So today I brewed my very first 10 gallon batch of beer with my new mash tun. Previously I have done 5 gallon batch sparge and have been very intimidated at the prospect of a fly sparge.
Today I setup a full 3 tier system and did a full fly sparge with a SS Colander and it was perfect, I had no channeling, and as far as I can tell the conversion was solid.
I am very impressed with how much easier it was for this brew day from start to finish and really goes to show what patience and a little homework can help you achieve! As a added bonus Duncan from Happy Homebrewer was my brew buddy today and guided me through Brewing Salts and Water Treatment.
Over all an amazing brew day with a great friend, I learned lots, and even surprised Duncan with some procedure. Now we wait a few weeks for the final product.