So an update on the www.Homebrewtalk.com Pumpkin Ale
During the primary ferment I ran into a problem with some fruit flys starting to hang out around the top of my fermenter (I think I should have racked it into a carboy out of the primary pale a little sooner) so I cleaned up a carboy and racked it immediately hoping to avoid any potential contamination. I let this sit for another 7-10 days to let it finish clearing etc. and it developed a little film on the top that looked a little shifty so I called Duncan from Happy Homebrewer to try to trouble shoot it and luckily he was able to take a look at it and smell it and we shared the opinion that everything is ok, perhaps a miner infection but nothing too serious and it should be kegged sooner then later. So today after work I finished cleaning and reassembling the keg with a new gas post and a o-ring and gave it a pressure check before cleaning and racking the pumpkin ale into it.
Before doing anything with the beer I looked at the surface and it did not appear to have grown any more, and there has been zero airlock activity so I pulled a small sample and it has a nice pumpkin flavor to it and a hint of spice and I think it’s not bad so far, so time will tell