Ahoy hoy! So this last year has been pretty full of amazing experiences but apparently there was time for one more big surprise. My stomach had not been feeling very well and I was thinking it was just a stomach bug or something so just ignored it but things got much worse so I went to the clinic and ended up in the hospital for a few days with surgery. So right at the start of my works crazy Christmas madhouse I’m off work as per Dr.’s orders and I can’t brew atm so I’ve been resting, and healing and feeling worlds better and researching different projects and ideas.
The top priority at the moment is the Keg Fridge. And with that, I picked up threaded rod, with nuts and lock washers to mount the two towers with and I opened up the compressor cabinet to vacuum it out and
inside there was the notes from the last repair listing what was done, and the status of the unit dated for 2010! The repair to the unit was a small leak which was patched and the gas was topped up it seems and has an overall bill of clean health. I also pressure tested the Co2 line and it is air tight, but the manifold is only a two way split so I am going to have to either replace it or mount a second manifold inside the cabinet. Any suggestions?
I’m thinking of just mounting the second 3 way manifold so then I would have a fourth line free for whatever is needed. But I’m totally open to suggestions if anyone has done something like this or knows a better way to go I would love to hear your thoughts.
Before all this craziness happened I brewed up a PB Milk Stout with Rich and Shane and I will be getting it into kegs in the next few days with a lot of help from Shane lol (Thanks again Shane!) But that being said the fermentation was really awesome! The ferment chamber is running the ITC-308 Controller with a side mounted AC unit for cooling and a Honeywell space heater inside for heating. I taped the temp probe to the side of the fermenter in the middle as to get the best reading possible, and the unit had no problem holding the temperature range I set. I also should mention the fermenter is located outside as well due to the space constraint and again no issues holding the temp 🙂 and zero stairs to carry fementer’s up and down too.
That’s all I have for now, but I will be a little more active on the blog now in the days coming as I start getting back into the swing of things here.